Star Wars Rebellion - Imperial Star Destroyers & Death Star(s)

Star Destroyers and Death Star

My love of Star Wars led me to make a questionable decision to paint the miniatures for the game Star Wars: Rebellion from Fantasy Flight Games. I say questionable because the game comes with over 150 fairly detailed miniatures and they represent ground and space forces of both the Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance fairly abstractly. That said - I wanted to paint these because I love the ships and units in Star Wars!

I started with the Star Destroyers - I figures they are fairly mono chrome and straight forward. I underestimated the job - it took a couple weeks. Also --- I learned that Star Destroyers are really white. I'd always thought they were grey, which is what I painted them... but the originals were actually white. The shadows make it hard to see that, and in games and other movies and shows after the original trilogy they are shades of grey at times.

Even though, mine ended up way darker than I was aiming for - I'd go much lighter next time. The Death Star source lighting ended up a bit 'chucky' and 'blocky' but I'm overall happy with the effect on the table.

Docking bay 416 has some great inspiration for painting this game.


Super Star Destroyers

Death Star and Death Star under Construction

Star Destroyers

















Comments