Warhammer Underworlds - Steelheart’s Champions as Anvils of Heldenhammer

Stormcast Eternals for Underworlds

This month, I got an itch to return to Warhammer Underworlds. We had just finished a long Blitz Bowl tournament and I had the thought that maybe my wife Jen would appreciate Underworlds more now than when we first played it, which was when I painted the Nightvault base set. 

I wanted to regress to a simpler time and chose Steelheart’s Champions. The idea being to use an all Melee set of champions to build confidence in the game compared to the comparatively more complex magic-users in the Nightvault set.

The different Stormcast Eternal Stormhosts are interesting to me - like different teams in Blood Bowl or different Space Marine Chapters. I narrowed my choice down to a few(see this earlier post), and chose Anvils of Heldenhammer.



Steelheart - he's not all there...

In the end I went with the purple and white power sword. I think I'll try for the green or blue next time. I kind of want to try again sooner than later... Not sure what I'll be painting that could use a power sword --- I'll have to seek that out.






For the hammers I went with the glowing weapon effect. I don't airbrush yet, so it's not as blended nor as sharp on the contrast as I'd consider ideal, but it works and I'm happy with it at this point. In the future, I may avoid Spiky Bits tutorials as the popups are ridiculous. 










Comments