Memoir '44 - Pacific Theater - painting for a beginner

 Japanese Army in Pacific Theater

My final expansion set to paint with miniatures for Memoir '44 (until the New Flight Plan came along anyway) was the Pacific Theater. You can see my other sets earlier in this blog.

It had been a few years since I was really into Memoir '44. I considered sellign it at one point. But now I have become interested in solo gaming again, and so i wanted to revisit this old favorite and play a few solo campaigns. 

I looked to Japanese Uniform and BGG Thread -- Advice on painting Memoir '44 for advice on how to proceed with painting the set. My method was a simple process:

        1.    Spray primer (I did this to the whole set by hot gluing them to nails, sticking the nails into spare                 styrofoam, and then shooting them with primer from a spray can)

        2.    Base coat all areas with a layer of the base color. This was Japanese Uniform from Vallejo,                       Castellan Green from Citadel, and various blacks and browns.

        3.    Once over entire model with Agrax Earthshade.

        4.    Brighten model with re-application of base coat or a slight highlight.

As a last touch I put flock on the base, something I have never done for a Memoir '44 set before. I'm happy I did.










Comments