Blitz Bowl - Wood Elves - Twilight Eternals (or Greenway Glade-Riders)

This is my 12th Blitz Bowl team. I wanted to go with Forest themed colors and landed on Green and Yellow. I made a 'tree' to go behind a lineman, and layed on the think grass and other plant life on the bases.

Tree of Life is my theme for the team name - Twilight Eternals. This idea is that they are long lived, see things in the long game sense, and live in the eternal twilight of the Loren Forests between Bretonnia and The Empire centered on Reikland. 

The Catcher is an odd sculpt, with a leaping form and head position that seem incongruous. So I glued him in a position of attempting a layout catch, using a large Cold One skull to strengthen the tiny bond on his ankle.

Previous weak points on the skaven and dark elves had me keeping this kind of thing in mind as I prepped this team. Hopefully this proves solid going forward.

My next team will likely be the Lizardmen. After that, I would love to paint a Vampire or Norse team. They don't officially exist at this point, so we shall see...

Propping up the catcher in a "lunging" position

The 'tree'

The finished 'tree'


















Comments