Sea of Legends - Sea Coven faction

The Sea Coven is a group of summoned spirits, brought forth by the vengeance within a drowned witch. She was cast overboard, but refused to leave the material plane instead seeking our souls, guilty and innocent alike, and will never be sated.

The fox -like sea spirits will lure players and Spanish ships toward the massive sea-bear summoned ocean force and the witch herself, Alura. If they are attacked by Alura, she gains one soul - and four will lead to her faction winning, and doom for the Caribbean.  

I knew I would start the process with the light blue Citadel Contrast paint, so I primed in Wraithbone.


After application of the contrast blue, I worked deep sea Green from Vallejo into the recesses and the bases, mixed with Incubi Darkness in places. I layered that up to the light blue, then switched and dry brushed the high spots and wave edges with Uthuan Grey. I continued lightening that to white at the very edges.

The mouth was then repainted white and hit with a layer of Gauss Blaster Green. I used White then Vallejo Neon Green as washes for the magic runes on the sea-fox creatures.











Sorastro.com Painting Technique Index
https://sorastro.com/painting-technique-index/

Comments