Blitz Bowl Nurgle team - Puswater Pestilence

 This is my 11th Blitz Bowl team (meaning I'll have to paint another to keep it even again - 😀)

I chose the ever-gross Nurgle rotter team. I love the idea of this team - a bunch of infected gross slimy 'zombie-like' dudes trying to play a sport. And the angry deformed, always in pain Pestigor to lead the charge! 

A Beast of Nurgle would be fun to add - but there are no large guy rules for Blitz Bowl - a shame but understandable. 

I initially focused on the skin using a tutorial I found from Tyler Mengel. I chose Purple as the main color - the regality and beauty contrasting with e skin well. I went with Green for the pants/gloves etc and initially thought I've gone too far with contrast and the greens are gong to mingle too much. But then I started to see a tarnished gladiatorial theme coming together. This is a team run by a mad-man who used to be a gladiatorial magistri (or lanista). He has carried his tradition into worship of Nurgle and now has build a troupe - a Blitz Bowl team of former gladiators (or at least in his mind this is what he has done). The old armor has lost some of its grandeur, but not all. There is pus and oxide on their uniforms, but also a glimpse at the artistry of the formerly artistic attire.

The team suffers from constant necrotic decay, but the magistri Sepsimus Lanista keeps the ranks filled with new gangrenous animated bodies. 

I wanted the ground to appear defiled and used Nurgle Rot technical paint to create gross looking, bubbling, swampy areas.














I love making unique bases for each team. Here - a gross dirty, goopy swamp.







My goal was for a decayed gladiatorial look...

Comments