Hastur - Cthulhu Death May Die!

 The Second 'Great Old One' in the base set of Cthulhu Death May Die is Hastur - the Yellow King. I feel like the Yellow King is referenced in other fantasy material - but anyway in this game he is a many tentacled and mouthed monster which apparently has an appendage or merged being that is human shaped but oversized. In the place of a face is some kind of sucking opening. Gross in other words. 

There are followers/cultists/enforcers with tommy guns that accompany this being. It would take quite the mind control to get me to follow this thing around... :D Haha








I painted the models with a base coat of Army Painter Yellow spray on the robed areas and grey spray paint on the other areas, mostly the tentacled monster. Then used some light gray to touch up areas and contrast paints to get the green and flesh colors started. 

The green and yellow bleed into each other more and reduce contrast more than I'd like in areas, but for a large monster overall I'm fine with this.

 I used the yellow wash from GW and hit everywhere with 1-2 highlights and called it good.

He looks suitable disgusting and his followers look united in mind (what they have left). I wanted to do more with the cultists eyes, but the mask is too shallow for my liking, so I left it kind of 'blank' with just a wash of Nuln oil. If I did it again, or go back and make adjustments, I'd paint the eye holes black, and maybe even add eye details.

Ben

Comments