Sanctum ... or "Diablo the Board Game"

 I picked up a copy of  Sanctum on deep discount and hoped it would be a fun dice chucker, euro-upgrade-style combat game with my wife. The story in the game is that a king has opened up an ancient jade sarcophagus which had contained an ancient and evil power. In hoping to claim this power for himself the king foolishly unleashed it. The player characters are now on their way to try to seal off this Demon Lord again, fighting hordes of ice, fire and plague demons on the way. 


















It has proven to be a bit of a difficult fight! I didn't plan my attack on the final demon lord well and fell about 75% of the way through fighting him. My wife barely made it and won the game! I look forward to trying again, and in the meantime have painted up the minis!


Comments