Marvel United - Issue 1, Volume 1

On a whim I purchased the base set of Marvel United, a new co-op superhero beat-em up, card driven game by CMoN. In the beginning I did so mostly for the modeling opportunities. The game however turned out to be a lot of fun! It is very light, so no major strategic brain burner here. I see a lot of hobby and game opportunities with the multiple expanded sets from the Kickstarter from CMoN.


I choose to srtat small with just Red Skull, Iron Man, and Black Widow.














I wish I had gone brighter - maybe blue - with the flame deflection off of Iron Man's feet - but overall i am very happy with these figures.

I plan to paint The Wasp, Ant-Man and Ultron next. (Edit note - I finished the whole set next!)

I hope to get many more of the heroes, and more importantly, the villains as they provide the most game play variety. Also, I have learned I enjoy painting them. The KS distribution model is frustrating with so many models being KS only, but I plan to try to get a few retail sets when those are released, in 2021?

(Editing note: This is not going to happen now - there will be no retail release of the vast majority of the Marvel United sets -- Boo!)

Comments