Space Marines - Freehanding a Chapter Sign


These are my very first 'regular' space marines! I have tried to paint Terminators back in the 1990's and they did not turn out nearly so nicely... 

I painted them as shown in the game art for the most part, though I made the Salamander into a Dark Angel. I used a mixture of Citadel paints and Vallejo Model Colors - as I am slowly moving the bulk of my base and layer colors over to Vallejo. They are slightly cheaper and I prefer the drop bottles and we have a local supplier here, Anchorage House of Hobbies!

I used transfers from the Warhammer 40K: Indomitus Boxed Set, provided generously by John Blu through Alaska Wargaming. I had to freehand he Imperial Fist chapter sign using a tutorial from Plazoid.

The game may not get played much, but I've enjoyed dipping a toe into the Warhammer 40K world.



























Comments

  1. Fists icon looks great! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel like I got it to step 8. I needed to make the circle bigger to get a bigger fist to work with and get more detail. That's for next time~

      Delete

Post a Comment