Sword and Sorcery - Arcane Portal

Sword and Sorcery - Arcane Portal expansion

Sword and Sorcery: Arcane Portal
I decided to use Citadel contrast paints where I could. The Demonic Cultist summoners robes, the Efreet bodies, and the entire Nightwalker spirits began with contrast paints. The Efreet flames and the core heat of the Hellspawn started with a basecoat of Yriel Yellow. Then I washed this with yellow shade, the orange shade, then red shade, finally black shade at the tips.


















I touched up with Yellow and White then glazed with yellow again. It was all a bit messy and I did it all quickly over one afternoon (which included plenty of drying time). I'm pleased enough with the final effect, even if it is a bit simple. End results, the Hellspawn looks like a Balrog and I didn't have to spend a week on him, so I'm happy!

I plan to come back and make the top of the blade a bit darker, like the flames are flickering up, not just "up", the blade.

 





Comments