Paint bottle transfer project - replacing Citadel Pots

Citadel Paint Transfer Project

My experience with this project has been frustrating in the long run. Citadel paints, thinned with additional medium, were transferred into bottles during 2018-2019. This was a slow and messy process. I would open the Citadel paint, add medium and shake, then pour, then repeat to get the most out of each bottle. I then capped the bottle with a 'split' tip.

 

Split tip

Open tip

Flip and cap tips (too open for thinned paint)

Results

This worked great for a bit. But over a few months these tips clog up.
They still work of for some washes, but even the washes eventually clog for the most part. On the flip side, if I try to use an 'open tip' there is no resistance and the paint just dumps out.

Looks great! Wish it worked so well.

This worked great - for a bit.

Thi sis a great tool - better than water.





Clogged - again.


So messy --- oh well.


Bottom Line:

I'm currently transitioning to using Vallejo Model Color. In the future I will continue to use Citadel products, some of them are great! Most basing products I'll just use a basing from Vallejo and paint it, but the washes, some technical paints, Like the cracking desert basing paint, and certain colors like Bolter silver, I'll continue to get from Citadel.


Comments