Finishers vs Questors

I think most gamers usually fall on one side or another of dividing line between prefering to Finsih something and endlessly Questing.

Finishers like finishing a game. Solving a puzzle. Succeeding at a campaign. Checking off a completed box.


Questors are enamored by the effort taken to get through something. They seek out the struggle and the Quest more than the Finish. I'd say maybe they are almost let down when the campaign is over, or the puzzle is solved.



I, at this point, am a Finisher. I am starting to think I need to meditate on anything I finish, to give it time in my mind to find out what it is I valued about playing or attempting this activity in the first place. I seem to have an endless supply of new thing to take on stacked up in front of me, but maybe need to contemplate why more often.

Relishing the Quest appears to be more virtuous, by nature. Am I on track with something here? Let me know if you are  Questor or a Finisher, or if I am way off here! Please, share your thoughts:

Comments