Ogroid Thaumaturge - Warhammer Quest Silver Tower - Age of Sigmar


I saved the best from the Silver Tower for last - the two antagonists in the Silver Tower and the heroes. I first took on the largest model in the whole set, the Ogroid. Apparently little is known about Ogroids, other than they are strong, yet also intelligent and adept at sorcery. His skin is alive with magic, so I wanted to go for glowing tattoos as best I could.

This led me to TheWarGamer on Youtube, his tutorial promised a sharp look, while appearing to be attainable without my needing to have MasterClass skills. (which when I retiree is what I want to attain... now where does one go to get these skills?)




Anyway, the tutorial was easy to follow, detailed but also left some of the grunt work to your imagination, which I enjoyed. Mine didn't turn out quite as sharp as TWG's, but overall I am very pleased.





One thing I learned is to not fully assemble larger detailed minis like this one, the Gaunt Summoner, and the Knight-Questor.  I would have achieved more detail in the staff and the chest under the staff if I had held off on gluing until after.

Do you fully assemble or sub-assemble on a mini like this? When you sub-assemble, how do you go about gluing after painting? Do you try to keep a section of plastic "clean" for gluing, or use super-glue?

This mini was submitted to the painting contest for Battlezone Ursa 2019 in the "Single" category, receiving a Bronze. Thanks for reading and I am very interested in your feedback below - Ben

Comments