Gaunt Summoner - Warhammer Quest Silver Tower - Age of Sigmar

Gaunt Summoner - Warhammer Quest Silver Tower set

I once again went to TheWarGamer painting guide on Youtube, his tutorial promising a sharp look, while appearing to be attainable without my needing to have MasterClass skills. (which when I retire is what I want to attain... now where does one go to get these skills? :D)
                        
Anyway, the tutorial was easy to follow, detailed but also left some of the grunt work to your imagination, which I enjoyed. Mine didn't turn out quite as sharp as TWG's, but overall I am very pleased.







One thing I learned is to not fully assemble larger detailed minis like this one, the Gaunt Summoner, and the Knight-Questor.  I would have achieved more detail in the staff and the chest under the staff if I had held off on gluing until after.

Do you fully assemble or sub-assemble on a mini like this? When you sub-assemble, how do you go about gluing after painting? Do you try to keep a section of plastic "clean" for gluing, or use super-glue?

Thanks for reading and I am interested in your feedback, thanks! - Ben

Comments