Descent 2nd - Base Set - Shadow Dragons

Descent 2nd Edition  - Monsters

Shadow Dragons


Finished painting the Descent 2nd Edition base set monsters! At the bottom is a pic of our first game :) Started this project back in November 2017... with heroes and some Gloomhaven mixed in it has taken some time to get this done. I'm happy about it! Now on to the Steward of the Secret expansion monsters.







I wanted a muted look for these, being they are "shadow" dragons after all. I was inspired by someones art on pinterest, sorry but I forgot who. I like having different master color schemes in addition to using a red rim to the base I combined dark blue with bone and purple with bone for the base colors. I eschewed wash in favor of simple layering to keep contrast low.

The base is my effort to elude to the magic that surrounds the feet of these creatures making it hard to hit them from up close.





Comments