Wrath of Ashardalon, concluded.

The Ancient Red Wyrm Ashardalon is back in Under Mountain, and the townspeople of the nearby village of Longbridge are worried. Funny that I actually purchased Wrath of Ashardalon (WoA) before I picked up Castle Ravenloft (CR). But I finished painting Ravenloft first. I think the big baddies in Ashardalon were a block for me. I loved painting the Dracolich from CR, whereas the Red Dragon Ashardalon himself was not as easy for me to "see" as a painter. It eventually came though, and so over a year after purchasing it I have finally finished painting all of Ashardalon. Here I list the large monsters I completed, as well as a compilation of the smaller monsters and heroes already posted in "Natural d20, the heroes of Wrath of Ashadalon" - and - "Wrath of Ashardalon, or how I started to Paint Again". Enjoy, and feel free to ask question re: paints, etc.





Comments

  1. What paints did you use for the Dragon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late, late reply. I used a base coat of Army Painter Color Primer: Pure Red. I then washed the entire mini with Citadel washes - either Nuln OIl for the underside of the wings, or Carroburg Crimson for most of brighter red areas, or a mixture of the two in between.

      I usedA a mixture of 50/50 Zamsi Desert and Averland Sunset yellow for the chest, horns and arm spikes. And Zandri Dust for the claws and teeth. I then washes these ares with Agrax Earthshade, mixed with medium for the teeth and claws. I then lighted all ares with some layering of lighter colors - Evil Sunz Scarlet, Ushabti Bone, and a pale yellow made from bright yellow like Yriel mixed with a bone color. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Just here to say I love this stuff. I've recently gotten back into D&D, now with my kid, and restocking my minis. Along the way I got this set, Ravenloft, etc. ... and all those unpainted minis. I've never painted minis, but have always been a drawer so maybe there is hope. Anyway, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you've been inspired enough to give it a try! It's a wonderful hobby, and can be as cheap as a brush and handful of paints, or sky's the limit. I'm over 10 years in and continuing to learn and get excited by new projects. If you post anything you've painted, post a link!

      Delete

Post a Comment