Rurik: Dawn of Kiev, painting a board game

 Rurik: Dawn of Kiev (2019) is a board game with 11 leaders miniatures (when all expansion content is included). Rurik is a euro-style realm building game set in an 11th century Eastern European Kingdom. It features area control, resource management, and "auction programming."






















I am painted as a commission, and am enjoying the larger scale. The capes and weapons are big and easy to access - no tiny hard to figure out details on most of these. And fairly dynamic poses for a non-GW product.




I think regular basing / texture paint is going to provide a nice look for these. But I should confirm before application of any basing material - he already stated that flock was potentially to fragile.

FOLLOW UP - I do like the basing but flock would have looked even nicer I think.


Comments