Gorechosen

Gorechosen

 Chaos warriors of Khorne battle for glory in the eyes of the Blood God.

Redarg Bloodfane "Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe"

 

Kore "Skullgrinder"




I wanted unique bases and picked up a set of Shattered Dominion bases from Tier One, a FLGS. I painted them up too "brightly", with gold and blue energy coming out of cracks in the ground.

And then tried to darken them down a bit... I then changed gears and painted the second set of bases with red "lava" on the base. Not my best basing work, but the figures are more the focus.

Vexnar "Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer"







Heldrax "Slaughterpriest"






Fexgor "Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-hammer"




I painted the other three with a lava theme. The bases are not totally want I wanted to acheive. The lava needs to glow more and the other colors on the first two are too muted.

I think I need to learn how to get finer highlights - maybe a better brush or thinner paint? I gave up on getting more brightness out of these minis, the game will not get played that much and they look fine. I feel like I am in a motivation slump painting-wise after my hard  long work on projects this spring and early summer. Next up is Sword and Sorcery - Immortal Souls. I plan to do grunt work on the monsters and finer work on the heroes, but we shall see.





Comments